Upgrade 16.7 kilometers of cross country ski trails : $30,000
- Moose Loop (5.8 km), Iron Springs (4.7 km), Elbow (5.2 km), Loggers (0.1 km), West
Crystal Line (0.2 km), Middle Crystal Line (0.2 km) and Sundog (0.5 km).
- Scope of work includes: Brush clearing, removal of encroaching or overhanging trees,
completing drainage and tread repairs/grading/smoothing, culverts and the addition of a ski
bridge on Moose Loop.
Mountain View West : Add new 3.8 km ski trail $15,500
- Formalize the transfer of Spray Lakes Haul Road 1109A to the West Bragg Creek trail system.
- Work with Spray Lakes Sawmills regarding reclamation, drainage and tread work.
GBCTA scope of work: replace one SLS bridge and supply 1214
Construct an all season
trail link between Tom Snow trail reroute
and Merlin View: $30,000
- A portion of the Tom Snow trail in the West Bragg Creek trail network is designated as the route
for the TransCanada
Trail. A 4 km portion of Tom Snow trail was destroyed in the 2013 flood.
Alberta Parks has obtained funding through the Disaster Recovery Program to replace the
damaged section of trail with a new trail on a flood resilient ridgetop
alignment. This alignment
provides the opportunity to complete a link between Merlin View Loop and the new portion of
the Tom Snow trail.
- Scope of work: Clear deadfall, remove necessary trees and brush from the approved alignment
of the new 4 km link trail. Construct a singletrack
tread using a minitrack
hoe and volunteer
Seasonal maintenance and repairs on the existing allseason
trail network : $3000
- Scope of work: Small scale repairs to tread, drainage and minor rerouting
and clearing of
deadfall on existing trails. Work to be done by volunteers. Expenses are related to tools and fuel
for getting to work locations.
Add 3.0 km of new snowshoe trails and 0.7 km of snowshoe trail upgrades : $1500
- Add new snowshoe trails including: Old Hostel Road (0.8 km), Shortcut
link from Snowshoe
Hare to East Telephone Loop (0.2 km), West Crystal snowshoe route to Snowy Shortcut (1.0
km), Old Shell Road (1.0 km).
- Identify several existing snowshoe trails as “wintermultiuse”
trails for snowshoeing, fatbiking
and winter hiking.
- Upgrade tread to allseason
standard on Snowshoe Hare west
Scope of work: Clear deadfall, brush and small trees from the alignments, upgrade drainage
and tread on Snowshoe Hare as needed. Most of the work to be done by volunteers with some
work, where necessary.
Update trail signage. $5000
- Purchase new map signs and trail identifier signs for the WBC trailhead and all junctions with
new trails. Purchase “winter multiuser”
blaze markers and redo
blaze marking on the
snowshoe trail network.
Renovate, install and operate a donated 50’X12’ manufactured building as a warming hut/trail
centre at the West Bragg Creek Parking Lot: $4,000