Here’s what it’s all about:
Hosts are volunteers for BCT and also goodwill ambassadors for our Trails. They use education and awareness to improve the trail users experience and to help ensure safety and minimize conflict.
What they do:
a) Volunteer trail hosts provide information to visitors at the West Bragg Creek parking lot or on the WBC trails or at the WBC Trails Centre.
b) Among the duties the trail hosts perform are:
- Welcome new users and provide a general orientation to the area.
- Serve as an information resource, helping people to understand that the trails are multi-use and that trail use etiquette guidelines exist to improve the trail users experience and to help ensure safety and minimize conflict.
- Help members of the public to understand the trails map and current trail conditions so they can access a trail or route appropriate for the intended activity.
- Encourage trail users to donate or volunteer to support ongoing trails development and maintenance.
- Minimum six shifts during the calendar year as a Trail host – chose what works best for your schedule.